- 2 cups of jumbo raw peanuts.
- 4 to 5 tablespoon of Kashmiri red chili powder.
Kashmiri red chili powder gives nice red color and it’s not as hot as other red chili powders.
I prefer Swad brand’s Kashmiri chili powder.
- 4 large cloves of garlic.
- A little less than 1/4th cup of safflower/Canola/Vegetable oil.
- Salt as per your taste.
- Dry roast jumbo raw peanuts in the pan or microwave (Takes about 4-5 minutes in most microwaves).
- Mix crushed garlic cloves, Kashmiri red chili powder and salt.
- Use a grinder to crush the peanuts so that they are coarse. ( I use Vitamix blender’s pulse feature, set the nob at 3 on the dial) .
Note: Don’t remove the skin of the peanuts.
- Heat the oil in the pan.
- Add coarse peanuts mixture in the pan and roast it in the hot oil for about 3 mins.
- Once the chutney cools down, store it in an airtight container to preserve the freshness. This chutney has a long shelf life if stored properly.
- Another method to make the chutney is to roast/fry in the oil and then pulsed coarsely in a blender. Personally, I prefer the first method.