Spinach berries salad is perfect for the summer weather and doesn’t take more than 10 minutes to prepare. If you use complementing ingredients and the right dressing to balance the flavors, you will fall in love with this salad. I recommend using fresh berries for this salad recipe.
- 6 cups baby spinach.
- 1 cup strawberries, halved.
- 1 cup blueberry and raspberries.
- 1/4th cup roughly chopped walnuts.
(Alternatively, you can use pecans.)
- 3 tbsp cranberries.
- 1/4th cup crumbles feta cheese.
- Two to three edible flowers (optional.)
- 2 tbsp Meyer Lemon and Poppyseeds dressing or to taste.
(Generally, I prepare salad dressings at home, but I liked Whole Food’s Meyer Lemon and Poppyseeds dressing’s taste and values. It paired well with this salad.)
(Serves 2 as a meal)
- In a salad bowl, add spinach, berries, feta cheese, walnuts, and cranberries.
- Next, add Meyer lemon and poppyseeds dressing from Whole Foods, give it a gentle toss.
- Top the salad with edible flowers, and enjoy the colorful salad. It’s a perfect recipe for July 4th, as it has red green and blue colors.
Some people like to add sliced red onions in this recipe. I skipped it as I prefer to retain the sweet and refreshing taste of the salad.