Cauliflower is a low-calorie, gluten-free, and low-carb vegetable. It’s high in fiber and antioxidants. I decided to try cauliflower crust Margherita pizza with the twist of cherry Calabrian peppers and its oil. The outcome was incredibly delicious. The pizza is very light and has a low glycemic index.
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower head.
- 1 large egg or two small eggs.
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder.
- 1/2 tsp oregano.
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
- 1/2 tsp parsley.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese.
- 2 tbsp grated mozzarella cheese.
- 3 to 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese.
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce.
- Fresh basil leaves.
- 3 cherry Calabrian peppers and its oil per crust.
- Pulse cauliflower till you get snowflake-like texture.
- Microwave it for 4 to 5 five minutes and make sure you put a lid to cover cauliflower while heating.
- Pour it in a cheesecloth or muslin cloth and squeeze out water thoroughly.
- Crack and add one egg in the cauliflower. The egg acts as a binding material for the crust.
- Next, add black pepper powder, parsley, oregano, garlic powder, and salt.
- Preheat the oven to 450 °Fahrenheit.
- Lastly add parmesan and grated mozzarella cheese in the mixture.
- Mix everything well.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a parchment paper and pat it evenly. Make sure the base is thin.
- Bake the crusts for 15 minutes. Flip them, and bake for another 3-4 minutes.
- Now your healthy cauliflower pizza crusts are ready.
- Next, spread the pizza sauce on the crust and arrange mozzarella cheese on it.
- Sprinkle freshly cut basil leaves, Calabrian peppers with its oil, and very little black pepper powder.
- Bake the pizza until cheese melts. (10 odd minutes with oven preheated to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.)
- Don’t overload the pizza with too many toppings.
- Garnish your pizza with fresh basil leaves and dig-in.
You can use different toppings such as bell peppers, olives, red onion, tiny pieces of falafel, feta cheese, and tomatoes for the Mediterranean twist or just grated pizza-blend cheese to make a simple cheese pizza. Some people also add a cup of almond flour in the crust recipe.